Largest Pumpkin Contest
This year’s fair theme of “Expect the Unexpected” became more than anyone could have imagined with the presence of COVID-19. A portion of the Spokane County Interstate Fair’s mission statement states that we will “Serve as a showcase of the talents of our community by providing a means of education, exhibit, and competition”. We look forward to a return of our traditional fair in 2021, however, we invite you to participate in our “virtual fair” this year. Thank you for your continued support of the Interstate Fair!
Largest Pumpkin Contest – Sponsor By Jennifer’s Auto
Each exhibitor is allowed one entry.
Pumpkin must be grown and entered by the exhibitor.
Pumpkin must be brought to Jennifer’s Auto (15020 E Sprague Ave, Spokane Valley
WA 99216) on September 9 (2:00 to 6:00 p.m.) for weigh-in.
Pumpkin will be off-loaded, weighed, photographed, and returned to the exhibitor on
the same day. Exhibitor will remain in their vehicle during the process.
Pumpkin must not be tampered with in any way to add additional weight.
PRIZES: Largest Pumpkin Winner will receive $100.00.
First Runner-Up Largest Pumpkin will receive $60.00.
2nd Runner-Up Largest Pumpkin will receive $40.00
Rules For Entry
- Entries, with the exception of photography, are FREE!
- Exhibitors may reside in any U.S. State or Canadian Province.
- Exhibitors may enter once per class unless stated otherwise.
- Youth exhibitors must be 18 or under as of September 1, 2020. Youth may enter as a YOUTH exhibitor or an OPEN exhibitor but cannot cross enter into both unless stated otherwise
- Exhibitors submitting an entry to the Fair consent to allowing the Spokane County Interstate Fair to use any provided photos, videos, and/or any other documents submitted in any publications, promotional materials, the Fair’s website, social media platforms, and any other medium selected in the future without any restrictions or additional consideration.
- Prizes are listed in each class as well as the sponsor who supported this year’s competitive exhibit program and made this virtual event possible.
- In 2020, exhibits will be judged on the American System (competing directly with other exhibits for the win). All others will receive a participation ribbon.
- For 2020 only, checks and ribbons will be mailed to the exhibitor. Prior to mailing, an e-mail will be sent to the exhibitor announcing their winnings, asking them if they would like their ribbon(s), and asking them if they would like to donate their winnings to the Fair this year or receive a check in the mail.